Revived from the ancient Sanskrit texts in the early 20 th century, Vedic math−with its system of sutras and sub-sutras−enhances the mental agility of the learner and makes learning a stimulating experience.
- Eligibility 11+ Years
- No. of Level 3
- Duration 3 Months Per Level
- Skill level Beginner
- Instruction Medium English
- Student/Teacher Ratio 10:1
- Materials Provided
All the problems in modern mathematics can be solved using shortcuts with the help of sixteen sutras and thirteen sub-sutras in Vedic math. The principle underlying the Vedic matrix is that numbers form symmetrical shapes, when connected. Thus, by making mathematics largely interdisciplinary and versatile, the Vedic system speaks a multicultural language which would deconstruct traditional math’s obsession with “prescribed solutions”. Also, by virtue of coherence and arithmetic integration into sutras, sub- sutras and its corollaries; the Vedic system catalyzes mental computation in the most efficient manner.
Weighing the Benefits
- Makes mental computation extraordinarily efficient and simple.
- Familiarizes the learner with ancient Indian culture and prompts him/her to respect neighboring cultures.
- Blends intuition and innovation by facilitating linked learning.
- Boosts memory and enhances self-confidence.
- Makes learning engaging by the use of lines, patterns, dots and certain shapes.
- Enables the learner to solve problems quickly in real-time situations.
- Integrates mathematics with creativity and thereby eradicates math-phobia.
- Changes the child’s preoccupied notion about mathematics and enables him/her to identify links and establish connections between different branches of math.
- Helps in laying down a strong foundation in Mathematics.